Matt Prater has worked in Radio for over 15 years, working as an announcer, in sales, training staff and copywriting. He has also been a youth pastor, DJ, a Children’s entertainer.
More than anything he is passionate about sharing his faith with business people, students, churches and anyone who’ll listen.
Matt is married to Carol and has 3 children, Lydia, Josh and Grace. Matt is Senior Pastor at New Hope Brisbane, a great church reaching out to people all over Brisbane that meets at 46 Kelvin Grove Road, Kelvin Grove 9:30am and 6pm Sundays.
Here’s some of Matt’s favourite quotes:
- “If you do what you’ve always done you’ll get what you’ve always got”
- “The Main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing”.
- “There’s 2 ways you can wake up in the morning. You can say ‘Good Lord, it’s morning!’ or ‘good morning, Lord!’ – I recommend the latter”.
- “Let Prayer be your steering wheel not your spare wheel”.
- “God likes people with big ears more than big mouths”.
- “Revival runs in rivers not canals”.
- “God loves availability more than ability”.
- “It’s one thing to get an answer to prayer but another thing to be an answer to prayer”.
- “One good turn gets all the bedsheets”.
- “Don’t say look what the world is coming too, say look Who’s come to the world”!
- “God doesn’t call the equipped, he equips the called”
- For I know the Plans I have for you declares the Lord plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 29:11-14)
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
Help Support Us
If you enjoy listening to History Makers Radio, please consider donating to help keep this show running.
Matt’s Latest Tweets
1 hour ago
I'm at @Citipointe Church (Carindale, QLD) http://t.co/6XlNYWwLUH
2 hours ago
RT @FwJesus: When you focus on God's promises instead of the problems, you’ll notice your thoughts will be healthier and filled with peace.
2 hours ago
RT @SVVANZ: A baby's laughter is one of the most beautiful sounds you will ever hear. Unless it's 3am. And you're home alone. And you don't…